Monday, August 31, 2009

Why Me?


Over the past several days I've found myself wondering -- why me?

Why did God choose to bless me so much? I never have and never will deserve His blessings, yet He keeps sending them my way day after day after day. I moan and groan, gripe and complain, and whine and cry most of the time, so what kind of God could care enough to bless a person like that? My God, that's who -- my Heavenly Father. It is something I will never understand -- it's just so mind boggling!

This morning my eyes opened to the sight of another beautiful day; my lungs inhaled and exhaled air; my legs walked me through my daily routine of getting ready for work; my ears heard the priceless songs of grateful little birds; and the list of blessings just in the past couple of hours goes on and on.

What will I do with this day? Will I wish for 5:00 to be here so that I can leave this place or will I be thankful to have an 8-hour-a-day job where I can do some small part to help provide for our family? Will I snap at my co-workers in anger or will I try my best to show them God's love? Will my cup be half full or half empty?

Today, I choose to try with everything that is in me to be thankful for the blessings I have been given! Again, I ask -- why me? The only answer I have is because: JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment