Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts


Wow -- what a busy day! But, you know what? I'm thankful to God for my job. There are days when I find it extremely difficult to drag myself out of the bed and come in here, but then I tell myself how fortunate I am to be among the ranks of the employed in a world where many, many others are not so fortunate. So, I try to crawl out of that bed with a grateful attitude because I have the health and strength to work in order to contribute some small portion to my household income! God is good -- ALL THE TIME!


Today was a bittersweet day for me because one of the youth from our church was delivered safely by his parents to his first day of college. I'm sure it was a tearful ride back home for the parents, but at the same time I'm positive they are very proud of their baby boy, who isn't much of a baby anymore! I've known this guy since his mom carried him in her belly, and through our affiliation at church I have played a small role in helping to raise him. So, he feels just like one of my own. I couldn't help shedding some tears today just thinking about how much I'm going to miss him! Godspeed, Jordan!


We also have another beautiful young lady from our church who has chosen to serve her country in the military and she, too, feels like one of my own children! I pray daily that God will send his angels to watch over her and keep her safe. I can't begin to imagine the pride and fear in her parents' hearts! Her great smile and bubbly personality will definitely be missed at church. Godspeed, Angela!


Yet another one of our youth will be leaving us in just a few short days to go away to college as well. This one I also watched grow from a baby to a beautiful young woman. She came to us through a foster family in our church and later would become this foster family's adopted daughter. What a blessing she has been over the years. Her smiling face will be greatly missed at Balsam Baptist Church! Godspeed, Nikki!


While it would be wonderful if we could keep them little for just awhile longer, it's so wonderful to see these kids spread their wings and take flight! I am a better person for having them all in my life. Thank you, God!

2 comments: