Monday, August 24, 2009

Fire Trucks, Family and Fun


I have just returned from a 4-day trip to Raleigh where I enjoyed spending time with my family at the North Carolina State Firemen's Association 2009 Expo. My husband, who is the treasurer of this State association, worked extremely hard alongside other members of that board to ensure everything ran smoothly. I have to say that I've never seen so many HUGE fire trucks on display in one place, and there were various and sundry emergency service-related vendors there as well. We were fortunate to have the opportunity to stay in a really nice hotel that had an underground connector to the Raleigh Convention Center where all the festivities took place.

But, had there been no fire trucks, vendors, or nice hotels, it still would have been one of the most special weekends I've had in a long time. On the drive to Raleigh Thursday, I caught myself with a perpetual smile on my face just listening to my children (who aren't really children anymore -- but who will always be my babies) joking, laughing and having the time of their lives. I didn't realize how much I missed that -- they were like little boys again! As we strolled together along the streets of Raleigh and along the vendor floor of the convention center, I silently and consistently thanked God for allowing me to spend this precious time with my boys.

I returned home on Sunday with a renewed sense of thankfulness for God's undeserved yet unending blessings. God is good -- ALL THE TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment