Thursday, August 27, 2009

Love Comes in Small Packages







See that cute little guy with the glasses and the backpack? Well, that's Morgan Barnes, one of my favorite fellas in the whole wide world! You see, I've known him since his beautiful mommy carried him in her belly, and I've watched him grow from the sweetest little bundle of joy into a proud kindergartner. I love him soooooo much!! Today is his first day of kindergarten, and while I'm sure there was a certain amount of nervousness on the part of him and his mom about "leaving the nest" and embarking into a whole new world, his mom says he (and she) did just great and there were no tears shed at all when they parted ways at school this morning. YIPPEE!! What a big boy!

Morgan has the greatest older sister you'd ever want to know and he loves his sister more than words can say. He's watched her every move and, even though I'm sure they have their disagreements every now and then, I believe he looks up to Melissa with the utmost respect. I've also watched her grow up from the time she was in her mom's belly -- what a sweetheart! That, of course, is her with the glasses and the beautiful smile.

Morgan's all time favorite thing is Thomas the Tank Engine. That boy eats, drinks, sleeps and breathes Thomas! I'm not sure whether or not he knows it, but Thomas the Tank Engine has a fan for life, for I firmly believe that even when Morgan Barnes is a man, he will still be one of Thomas' biggest fans! It should be quite obvious which picture is Thomas.

It's a bittersweet feeling that I have in my heart right now. On the one hand, it's very sad that the years have flown by so fast and that now Morgan is old enough to go to school. On the other hand, it's such a blessing from God for me to have had the opportunity to have him in my life for 5-1/2 years, and I pray I will have him and his entire wonderful family in my life for many years to come.

I love you, little man -- with all my heart and soul!! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment