Friday, August 28, 2009

Freckles are Our Friends




The little guy in today's post is yet another one of my all time favorite little people! His name is Matthew and he's in the 1st grade. He and his beautiful family left our church awhile back to join another church, but they will always, always, always be part of the Balsam Baptist Church family.

This kid will absolutely crack you up because you never know what he's going to say; yet, it seems that whatever comical thing he says is so appropriate for that particular moment in time. His smile melts my heart absolutely in two! But, one of my most favorite features of Matthew is his freckles!! You see, I'm somewhat a "person of freckles" myself, and while I used to absolutely hate them with every ounce of my being, I've become quite accustomed to them over the years, and they don't seem nearly as ugly to me now as they once did. Matthew's freckles, however, run in a little patch from his cheek on one side right over that cute little nose to his cheek on the other side. They just add so much to this little fella's already bubbly personality. He's quite a handsome young man and is the "mini-me" version of his daddy, Randy.

The beautiful young lady in today's post is Matthew's sister, Breanna. She is a great combination of her mom and dad, and I don't believe dad's feelings would be hurt if I said that she is absolutely as lovely as her Mom. But, the most wonderful thing about Breanna is that she isn't just beautiful on the outside. She has the sweetest spirit inside, and that makes her extra special!

I seriously miss getting to see the Lucas family on a regular basis, but they are always in my heart and I think of them often. They are without a doubt one of the most special families in my life and I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment