Thursday, September 3, 2009

More Treasures







Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, dear Mamma -- happy birthday to you! I'm very thankful, at my age of nearly 49, to still have a mamma and daddy who are alive and, for the most part, well. Not many people my age are that fortunate. That is a treasure.

And speaking of treasures, the sweet faces you see in today's post are each a treasure in their own unique way!

That first face you see is my Tanner. Wow -- what a special guy! He's another one of the many children from our church who I've known since he was in the womb. I've watched him grow, mature and come out of his shell so much over the past several years. He's the smartest guy and so well-rounded. He loves everything from hunting to NASCAR to football to WWE wrestling and so much more. He's been my "go-to" guy several times when I needed someone I could depend on to help out in Christmas plays, etc.

The face right beside Tanner? Well, that's his little sister, my Lydia, and she is quite the character. She's the sweetest, sassiest little thing you'll ever meet and you NEVER know what's going to come out of her mouth! She can be sooooo funny sometimes. And, one day when she's older I just know she's going to get embarrassed when her mom and I start reliving her toddler and preschool years and talking about her huge crush on my son, Dan! Tanner and Lydia have the greatest parents -- Greg and Natalie -- and they are working hard to make sure their children are brought up in the church!

The cute little face in the bottom picture is my Addie. Her name is Addison, but most of us at church call her Addie. She's such a sweetheart, and one of her passions in life is playing on the playground. I do believe that child would swing and slide all day long if she were given the chance! Her daddy is fairly new to the "preaching profession", but he has already preached at our church a couple of times and does an absolutely great job. Her mommy cleans teeth for a living (and, by the way, she has my utmost respect cause I'm not sure I could play around in people's mouths like that all day!). The three of them make up one of the most precious families I know. Addie is now a PK (Preacher's Kid), and PKs can get a pretty bad rap sometimes. I hope Addie is one of those PKs who proves everybody wrong!

So, you see, my treasures don't come in the form of diamonds, gold, money and other such worldly things. My treasures come in the form of family members, church family members, the promise of a Heavenly home, health, freedom, etc. These are treasures that cannot be bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment