Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blessings

WHERE do the years go? The older I get the more I sit and ponder that question. Seems that just yesterday I walked down the aisle of my church in South Carolina and married the love of my life. Yet, as of this past Sunday, September 6, 2009, that "yesterday" somehow turned into 29 years! As we celebrated our anniversary, I looked back in my mind's eye to our life together. Has it always been wedded bliss? Are you kidding me? What on earth is wedded bliss?!? Have there been times I have just wanted to walk out the door and go far away from him never to return -- and have there been times he wanted to do the same thing? You bet your bottom dollar! But, we've held in there -- together -- and made it through to this phase in our lives. And somewhere along the way, we've managed to raise two wonderful sons. Of course, we didn't stay married this long on our own nor did we raise our children all alone -- we had God right there beside us. I shudder to think what we would have done with Him, too! Wow -- 29 years -- that's a long time to be married to the same person. Amazing how a love that you think can't grow anymore just grows deeper and deeper and deeper with the passing years!

And, for our anniversary, we celebrated by going to God's house. I can think of no better way to celebrate! We didn't get each other material gifts because we've recently remodeled our kitchen, and that will be our anniversary, birthday, and Christmas gift to each other for awhile to come. But, we did go to our favorite place to eat -- Carrabba's -- and it was awesome, as usual! Following our meal, we headed down to South Carolina to spend Labor Day with my parents. I can honestly say that I did absolutely nothing in the way of "labor" on that day -- and it felt soooo good to do nothing!

What a blessed person I am! I don't know why God chooses to bless me so much! After all, I am the person who lays down in the bed at night, starts saying my prayers, and falls asleep almost instantaneously. I am the person who gripes and complains about the most trivial of things. And, I am the person who all too often takes for granted everything my God in Heaven does for me. Nevertheless, He loves me and blesses me anyway. It's hard for me to fathom the love I have in my heart for my family and friends. It is an impossibility for me to comprehend the love Jehovah God has for me!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Dawne~
    What a blessing it is to read your blog on a daily basis! Congratulations on 29 years of marital bliss! Thanks for being so honest and saying that marriage is SO hard sometimes! Congratulations & we love your family!

    The Goodman Bunch

    ReplyDelete