Monday, March 1, 2010

Wow! It's been quite some time now since I posted anything on my blog. So much has happened in my life since December 2009. One of the most sobering things has been that my mother was diagnosed on January 29, 2010, with breast cancer. I've talked to many, many people over the years who have received the horrid news of that "C" word; however, I've never actually had to deal with it on a very personal level.

Much to our relief, though, mamma's cancer is only Stage I and was found in the very early stages. She underwent a lumpectomy on February 9th and on March 10th will start a series of about 35 radiation treatments. She will also be on an oral cancer medication for the next five years.

God is so very good! We realize that cancer is no respecter of persons, so we will hold God's Almighty hand as we walk through this valley together. It's wonderful to know that cancer in God's eyes is nothing more than just a rotten cold! Whatever God's will is in this matter, we are willing and ready to accept!

Yes, cancer has a whole new meaning to me now, and suddenly all of my petty little problems seem so very trivial!!

No comments:

Post a Comment