Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Am Lowly

I am but a lowly beast – a donkey is all, you see;
But on that special journey, I carried royalty!
A young girl rode upon my back and lying inside her womb
A babe whose first bed was a manger and whose last bed was a tomb.
I carried them as gently as my little hooves could trod;
That humble little mother and the precious Son of God!

I am but a lowly beast – a camel is all, you see;
But on that special journey, I carried royalty!
Upon my back a wise man rode with precious gift in hand,
He went to see a newborn King in another distant land.
When we arrived I gently knelt to lower him to the ground,
To present his royal treasure to the tiny King he’d found.

I am but a lowly one – a simple man, you see;
But on that special journey, I carried a cruel tree.
The man was badly beaten, his blood so greatly lost.
A soldier yelled quite hatefully – “You, carry his cross!”
And, so I knelt beside this man, the precious Son of God,
I took His cross upon my back, up Calvary’s hill I trod.

I am but a lowly beast – a white stallion is all, you see;
But on that special journey, I will carry Royalty!
At the end of time when the Father says, “It is time, dear One.”
It is I who will have the honor of carrying God’s Son!

Written by: Dawne Coward
December 1, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment