Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flat Stanley


That's me, of course, in the picture to the left. And, that little guy I'm holding who you can barely see is Flat Stanley (FS). He was sent to me through the mail by a little cousin in Texas, and she asked if I would be willing to help her with this project for school. Of course, she asked me quite sweetly in a phone call that preceded the US Mail, so I couldn't say no. See the other picture? Well, the cutie on the right in the blue shirt with the glasses is Rikki -- the cousin I'm helping out. The other cutie pie in the red shirt is another Texas cousin, Anna. They were here a couple months ago and we took them to Fuddrucker's to eat. We had such a good time.

Anyway, apparently Flat Stanley is a bit of a rage right now in certain grades/classes at the elementary level, so I was asked to take FS with me to various places I visited, to write a short story about each place where I traveled, to have my picture taken with FS at these places, and then to mail him back to Texas. I have to admit that FS hasn't been with me to a lot of places, but he's tagged along quite frequently as we went to church, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Mountain State Fair, and Dollywood (as you see from this picture).

I must admit that I've gotten some very strange looks from folks observing me having my picture taken with, for lack of a better word, a paper doll. But, it's been fun and I hope I can get a few more pictures made with FS before packing him up, along with our pictures and my stories, and sending them back to Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment