Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello, God


Hello, God - it's me. I took this picture of your artistry the other evening just before sunset, but I guess you already knew that, huh? Anyway, it occurred to me that I don't tell you "thanks" often enough for all the beauty you bestow upon this earth. There's no artist in this world who could even come close to painting such scenes with this much grandeur and majesty! And, this is just one small sample of all the beauty surrounding us on "this side" of Heaven.

I sat looking at the sky for just a little while before snapping this picture and, in my mind's eye, tried to imagine what it must look like on Your side of Heaven. I'm so glad I'll be on "Your side" when I finally get to see it, though, because I know that if I saw it now it would be so overwhelming that my heart would simply stop beating!

As mind boggling as I know it will be to view those streets of gold, walls of jasper, gates of pearl, the crystal river and all the mansions, I'm certain these will all pale in comparison to being afforded the priceless opportunity of finally being able to see You face-to-face. I suppose You can also see the goose bumps on my arms right now as I'm typing this, huh? Wow! What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see, when I look upon His face, the One who saved me by His grace! I love you, Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment